Natural Gas Appliance Rebates
Did you know?
- Water heating accounts for approximately 15 percent of a home’s energy use
- A new high-efficiency furnace and cooling system can save you up to $1,200 per year in operating costs
Now is the time to cut the cost of heating water and your home by replacing your old inefficient water heater or furnace with a new high-efficiency one. Residential customers in South Carolina who replace existing natural gas equipment with qualifying high-efficiency natural gas equipment are eligible for up to a $300 rebate and may qualify for federal tax credits as well. This includes the following qualifying high-efficiency gas water heaters and furnaces.
Rebates currently available
Note: Effective Jan. 1, 2016, the efficiency requirement for storage tank water heaters changed from an EF of 0.62 to 0.67. The rebate amount of $50 will remain the same, but rebates submitted after Jan. 1, 2016, must have an EF of 0.67 or higher to be eligible. A notice of this program change was originally posted on this website page on July 1, 2015. The water heater efficiency revisions are based on the new DOE 2015 water heater standards that went into effect April 16, 2015.
**Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency
Proof of installation (a copy of the receipt, invoice, or contract) and/or proof of purchase must be included with the rebate application.
Please allow up to six weeks for rebate processing from the time the rebate form is received in the mail by Piedmont Natural Gas.
Rebate funds are limited and will be paid on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds are depleted or the program is withdrawn or terminated. Piedmont Natural Gas reserves the right to modify, withdraw or terminate this program at any time upon reasonable notice as posted on our website.
Eligibility Requirements (Residential)
- Available for all existing Piedmont residential customers who are served under the company’s 201-Residential Service Rate or 221-Residential Service Standard Rate schedule
- Rebates are only available for qualifying natural gas equipment that is installed to replace existing natural gas-fired equipment
- This offer is not available for the new construction market of homes, condominiums, apartments, or townhomes. This rebate is also not available for the replacement of equipment served by an alternate fuel source such as electricity or propane
- Equipment must be installed by an HVAC or plumbing contractor licensed in South Carolina
- Maximum number of rebates per residential service address is two (2) rebates in a 12-month period for water heating and two (2) rebates in a 12-month period for space heating; each applicant is limited to receiving no more than a total of 24 rebates in a 12-month period
- Rebate applications must include the HVAC or plumber information and all applicable equipment information as shown on the rebate form. Equipment must be installed in the residence corresponding to the submitted Piedmont Natural Gas service account number
- Rebates apply only to equipment purchased and installed after May 20, 2010, when the Commission approved the program and all applications must be postmarked within 90 days after the equipment installation
How to Participate
- Carefully review the website eligibility requirements, terms and conditions, and the rebate application form
- Call 1-877-279-3636 (Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) with questions about program requirements before you purchase and install new high-efficiency equipment
- Contact a licensed contractor to purchase and install the qualifying equipment as specified in the program requirements
- Complete all the information on the rebate application and attach copies of all purchase and installation invoices
- The attached invoices/receipts must include the product installation date, total price, new equipment brand and model number, and the efficiency rating for the new equipment
- To process the rebate, all information must be completed, with the rebate form signed and dated
- Submit your rebate application form and required documentation to the following address:
Piedmont Natural Gas Company, Inc.
Attn: SC Rebate Form (Marketing)
PO Box 33068
Charlotte, NC 28233
- Please DO NOT send your rebate form and other documentation in the same envelope with payment of your monthly gas bill
- Please allow up to six weeks for rebate processing from the time the rebate form is received in the mail by Piedmont
- Piedmont may call you to schedule an inspection to verify installation of the equipment at the address indicated on the rebate form
Find a Contractor or Equipment Dealer
All equipment must be installed by a contractor licensed in South Carolina to be eligible for the rebate. Visit the
Find a Contractor or Equipment Dealer section to find a contractor in your area.
Terms and Conditions
Full Terms & Conditions
Have any questions? Call Piedmont Natural Gas directly at 1-877-279-3636 (Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) or e-mail