As the provider of natural gas to more than 1 million customers in North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, it’s our responsibility to provide safe and reliable energy to the communities we serve. This requires us to transport natural gas through a network of pipelines that may be located near or on property that belongs to natural gas customers as well as non-customers.
If you have any questions about pipeline safety or about Piedmont’s Pipeline Integrity Management Programs, please contact our Manager of Compliance Programs at 704-731-4594 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piedmont’s Pipeline Assets
- 2,730 miles of transmission pipe
- 21,817 miles of distribution pipe
- Steel pipe cathodically protected
Piedmont’s Standard Safety Procedures and Programs
- Leak detection surveys
- Pipeline patrols
- Maintenance of pipeline right-of-ways
- Above-ground pipeline marker installation and maintenance
- Periodic valve maintenance
- Periodic inspections
- Pipeline maintenance