Week of Giving 2012 was a tremendous success! Piedmont Natural Gas partnered with seven local nonprofit organizations December 3-7 for its second-annual Holiday Week of Giving, as employee volunteers and the community at large pitched in to make the holidays a little brighter for neighbors in need.
The highlight of the week was a community food drive to support Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina in the traffic circle outside Piedmont’s SouthPark headquarters at Piedmont Town Center. This year's food drive improved on the success of the 2011 drive by more than doubling the amount of donations - a total of 3,195 pounds, or 2,130 meals!
During the 2012 Holiday Week of Giving, Piedmont employees also served the community with the following volunteer activities:
- Collecting toys for Toys for Tots
- Packing gift boxes for soldiers as part of Operation North State
- Serving dinner to families at Hospitality House
- Packing snack and hygiene bags for homeless schoolchildren at A Child’s Place
- Packing gift bags for the YWCA’s Women in Transition and Families Together programs
- Collecting used and new pots and pans for Crisis Assistance Ministry